If you are in the European Union or United Kingdom the Controller of your personal data is Conexus Financial Pty Ltd [ABN 51 120 292 257] of Level 3, 1 Bligh Street, Sydney, NSW 2000, Australia.
The Sites are not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children
1. What is your personal information?
Personal Information includes information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable from the information or opinion. In summary, personal information is any information about you that can be linked to you. It does not include data where identity has been removed (anonymous data)
2. What personal information do we collect and hold?
Personal Information. We collect information through all our Services including digital services subscription, advertising services, events, websites, mobile sites, applications (“apps”), and widgets, competitions and customer surveys (collectively, the “Services”). We collect the personal information needed to provide the Services and for our business operations. The personal information collected, used stored or transferred may consist of your name, address, telephone number, email address, job information, user name, unique site access id, login data , browser type and version, time zone and location, operating system and device you use to access the contact information, job applications if you are seeking employment, details of services you have used or enquired about, or profile data ( username password, your interests , preferences feedback and survey responses) and marketing and communication data preferences in receiving marketing and other information.
Sensitive Information. Sensitive information is a specific category of personal information. Such information includes information related to racial or ethnic origin, religion or other beliefs, membership of a trade union or a profession or trade association, health information, biometric data, criminal record and the like. We do not usually collect sensitive information about you and If we do, we will get your specific consent prior to the collection and use of this information. We ask that you do not send us, and you do not disclose, any sensitive personal information on or through our Services, or otherwise, unless expressly requested.
We collect some information that is anonymous data, if it is linked to you it will be treated as personal information
3. How do we collect and hold your personal information?
We collect your personal information directly from you or via the Sites, in order for you to use our Services unless it is unreasonable or impracticable to do so.
Where we collect personal information, we will only process it to:
- perform a contract with you, or
- where we have legitimate interests to process the data and they are not overridden by your rights, or
- in accordance with a legal obligation, or
- where we have your consent.
If you do not wish to provide personal information to us, then you do not have to do so, however, it may affect your use of the Sites or any products and Services offered on it.
If you have given consent to our use of your personal information, you are entitled to withdraw this consent at any time and if you have not provided express consent you can object to our data processing. Please see Section 9 Your Rights. Please be aware, however, that in some circumstances the withdrawal of your consent or objection may result in our also not being able to provide some services to you.
4. What information do we collect?
Registration Information is the information you provide to us in the course of registering for or acquiring our Services, for example, to create an account, become a subscriber, become an advertiser, post comments, receive a newsletter, attend an event or enter a competition. Where possible, as required by law, you may have the option of interacting with us anonymously (for example when browsing our digital products as a casual user) or using a pseudonym. We will usually make it clear whenever this is an option.
Public Information and Posts consist of comments or content that you post to the Services and the information about you that accompanies those posts or content, which may include a name, user name, comments, likes, tweets, status, profile information and picture(s). Public Information and Posts are always public, which means they are available to everyone and may be displayed in search results on external search engines.
Information from Third Party Social Media. If you access or log-in to our Services through a third party social media service, or connect our Services to a third party social media service, the information we collect may also include your user ID and/or user name associated with that social media service, any information or content you have permitted the third party social media service to share with us, such as your profile picture, email address, followers or friends lists, and any information you have disclosed in connection with that social media service.
Information from Other Sources. We may supplement the information we collect for legitimate business and commercial purposes with solicited personal information from other sources, such as commercially available sources, websites and data providers, as well as information from our business partners or affiliated companies in Australia or internationally.
Information in relation to employment/engagement with us. When you apply for a job or contract with us we may collect certain information from you or from any recruitment consultant, your previous employers and others who may be able to provide information to assist us in deciding whether or not to make you an offer of employment or engage you under a contract. We also collect personal information about individuals who are, or are employed by, our suppliers (including service and content providers), contractors, dealers, agents and corporate customers.
5. How do we use your personal information?
To provide our Services. We use the information we collect from and about you for primary purpose of providing our Services and features to you, including:
- to fulfil necessary administrative functions associated with these Services (for example billing, credit and account management) and to provide you with customer support and to respond to inquiries;
- to enter into contracts with you or third parties and for marketing and client relationship purposes;
- to measure and improve your experience with both online and off-line Services through research and data analysis by us and our service providers, to deliver content we believe you are likely to find relevant and interesting, including advertising and marketing messages;
- where your information is contained within an advertisement which we publish for you, we may also use your information for publication of that same advertisement in other media, in accordance with the terms and conditions applicable to the initial publication of the advertisement;
- to allow you to comment on content and participate in surveys or competitions. If you are a competition winner, we may disclose your information to relevant regulatory authorities and publish your details in accordance with the competition terms;
To allow service and content providers to assist us in providing and managing the Services. We may make your information available to certain third-party service and content providers, such as providers of data cloud services, website hosting service providers, debt collection services and direct marketing services, who help us manage or provide the Services. We require these service and content providers to comply with relevant privacy and data protection laws and not to use personal information which we provide for any purpose other than the specific service they are providing to you and/or us. The Sites are hosted by Flywheel an American company within a secure Singapore data centre. We use a number of other third parties to also process personal information on our behalf. These third parties have been carefully chosen and all of them comply with relevant privacy and data protection laws. These third parties are mostly based in the USA and are U. S Privacy Shield compliant.
To contact you. We may periodically send promotional materials or notifications which we believe might be of interest to you. Promotional materials may include invitations to participate in various activities (such as surveys), events or special offers.
- A law enforcement agency, or other government agency, is exercising its legal authority and has asked us to provide access to that information;
- Our auditors, professional advisers and insurers;
- Investigators if the information is required to help identify any abuse or attempt to abuse or compromise the integrity or security of the Sites or any web sites connected to them; or
- Another third party if a customer lawfully instructs us to do so.
6. How do we protect your information?
We take the security of the personal information we hold very seriously. Policies and Procedures are in place to safeguard it from loss, misuse and improper disclosure. We use commercially reasonable administrative, technical, personnel and physical measures to safeguard personal information in our control against loss, theft, unauthorized use, disclosure or modification. We also have procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so, if you are based in the UK or European Economic Area notification will be made within 72 hours of the breach.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Sites; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your personal information, we will use strict procedures and security features, in line with the standards set out in under applicable privacy laws, to try to prevent unauthorised access.
7. Do we disclose your personal information to anyone outside Australia?
We may disclose information to our business partners, customers, service providers and other third party suppliers located overseas for some of the purposes listed above. These overseas entities may be located in United States of America, Singapore, United Kingdom and Japan. Some of the Services are hosted in and managed outside of Australia and in dealing with us, you consent to having any personal information accessible from or transmitted outside of Australia. Cross-border disclosure of personal information by Conexus or our business partners or third-party suppliers will occur in compliance with data transfer requirements of applicable laws and regulations. Where personal information from the European Economic Area or UK is transferred to third-party vendors engaged by us to process such personal information on our behalf who are located in countries that are not recognized by the European Commission as offering an adequate level of personal data protection, such transfers are covered by alternate appropriate safeguards, specifically standard data protection clauses adopted by the European Commission.
8. Direct Marketing
We may send you direct marketing communications and information about our products and services that we consider might be of interest to you. These communications may be sent in various forms, including email, mail and SMS in accordance with applicable marketing laws, such as the Spam Act 2003 (Cth). You consent to receiving direct marketing communications and information from us. However, at any time you may opt out of receiving marketing communications from us by contacting us (see details below) or by using opt out facilities provided in the marketing communications and then we will ensure that your name is removed from our mailing list.
9. Your rights?
You have a range of rights over your personal information and we will endeavour to respect any requests to exercise them.
- Correction. You may request that we correct the information we hold on you when it is incorrect, out of date, or incomplete. Please inform us of any changes to your personal information.
- Erasure. You may request that we destroy, delete or discontinue using your personal information when it is no longer necessary for the purpose we originally collected it.
- Transfer. You may request the transfer of your personal data to you or a third party.
- Restriction. You may request that we stop processing your information when you contest its accuracy or the lawfulness of the processing.
- Withdrawing consent. Whenever you have given us your consent to use your information, you have the right to change your mind at any time and withdraw your consent.
- Legitimate interests. In cases where we are processing your information on the basis of our legitimate interest, you can ask us to stop for reasons connected to your individual situation. We will do so unless we believe we have a legitimate overriding reason to continue processing your information.
We will let you know if we cannot delete your personal information or give you access to it for legal or other reasons.
10. How long do we hold your personal Information
You should be aware that we will hold your personal information on our systems for the longest of the following periods:
- As long as necessary to maintain our ongoing business relationship, or as needed to provide you with the products, services or information which you are entitled to or can otherwise reasonably expect to receive from us;
- For as long as necessary for the purpose for which we collected it or for which you supplied it to us in accordance with any product or service relevant activity or process;
- Any retention period that is necessary to comply with our legal obligations, to resolve disputes, to enforce our agreements; or
- The end of the period in which litigation or investigations might arise in respect of our business relations or other interactions with you.
11. How You Can Contact Us
Mail: Privacy Officer, Conexus Financial, Level 3, 1 Bligh St, Sydney, NSW 2000
Telephone: +61 2 9221 1114
Our Privacy Officer will contact you within a reasonable time after receipt of your request or complaint, to discuss your concerns and outline options regarding how they might be resolved.
Complaints. If you think we have breached the Privacy Act or other applicable privacy laws, you may complain to us by contacting us as outlined in this section above. When you contact us, please include your email address, name, address, and telephone number and clearly describe your complaint. We will respond to your complaint as soon as reasonably practicable and in any event within 5 business days, by making contact with you to inform you whether we have accepted your complaint, need further information or do not think we are in breach. We will also inform you of the next steps in resolving your complaint. If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint, or at any other time, you may refer your complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner or the applicable supervisory authority for data protection issues.
General information about privacy may be found via: